- If you are taking antibiotics or have experienced a change in your current physical condition (i.e.: sinus infection, cold, unusual pain or injury) please contact our Team for further instructions.
- Eat supper before coming in for the study.
- The Sleep Center provides sheets, blankets, pillows, and towels.
- Come to the center with clean dry hair. If you have any hair extensions, they may need to be removed.
- Do not use creams, lotions or oils on your face or legs the day of the study.
- Please remove all nail polish.
- Please remember that The Sleep Wellness Institute is a smoke-free campus.
- If you are currently using CPAP, please bring your mask. You do not need to bring your machine.
- We recommend that you contact your insurance company to verify benefits prior to completing your sleep study.
- Please bring the following with you to the Sleep Center:
____ Comfortable sleepwear; with a loose neckline. Please avoid silk or satin fabrics.
(No nude sleeping will be allowed)
____ Favorite pillow and/or blanket, if you choose
____ Clothes to go home in
____ Medications, prescription and over-the-counter (no medications will be given by Sleep Center staff)
- DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Consume caffeine within 8 hours of the study
- Consume any alcohol the day of the study
- Take a nap the day of the study
When you arrive, please utilize intercom in the front corridor to notify the Sleep Technician of your arrival. She will escort you to your private room.